Sunday 6 May 2012

Facebook - Should I sign up?

What do you think?
I have been toying with the idea for some months now and I am not too sure.  I have heard of incidents where people have not been treated very well in terms of the site being used to spread gossip.  Or perhaps that is just s certain age group.

I would like to link up to web sites that use the site to promote groups/challenge/products etc because none of my family are actually on Facebook, so it would not be for keeping in contact etc.  We prefer to use emails or the telephone.
Would it help my new web shop?
Is it easy to use?  I am still getting to grips with my web shop which uses Wordpress, so anything else that is too tricky may just be a programme too far for my poor old brain.

Is there anything that I should be aware of?
I am not over cautious as such but I do not want to start something that I will then need to pull out of. I know someone who started Pinterest but then cancelled their account due to having their pictures used to promote someone Else's workshops.  
It would be nice to hook up with the few friends that I have that do have a Facebook account.

What do you think?  Do you have a Facebook account?  Do you use it much? 
Would it help with promotion and is it idiot proof?

Off to look after a poorly nine year old.  Sophie is still not very well at all poor thing.
A telly day I think.
xx




4 comments:

Daisie said...

I have a personal account with a select group of actual friends (I alwasy marvel at people that have 3000+ friends, what is that all about?!) but I also have a page for DaisieDavies; http://www.facebook.com/pages/Daisie-Davies-Originals/155199217837749
I set it up because after some local fairs people were tracking me down on facebook and wanting to be 'friends'. While I love all my customers dearly I didn't want them privy to my menstral cycle, in-law angst etc so this keeps them happy and my life private. I need to be more proactive to make it useful for boosting sales but I have a following and they are updated on my latest creations etc.
Niftyknits has a fabulous page, as does the bagladee, they might be better for you to look at.
Good luck x

Indigo Blue said...

I too thought that just a page for my webshop would be a better idea. I do want to keep things separate. Good idea and thanks for visiting.

crazymotheringchick said...

Absolutely make a facebook page. I'd follow you. It's a great way to network.

Tatkis said...

Well, I have a facebook page and not happy with it :)
so many stupid applications, and I don't feel comfortable with the interface.
But may be for the webshop it's a good idea.

Hugs,
Tatyana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...